THE FIVE FIRST SATURDAYS IS A DEVOTION NEEDED NOW MORE THAN EVER! FIND OUT MORE HERE
THE SAINT MICHAEL PRAYER AND THE ROSARY
ARE ALSO POWERFUL PRAYERS TO HELP US THROUGH VERY TURBULENT TIMES!
GROW IN FAITH AND PRAYER WITH HALLOW!
St. Alphonsus Liguori, in his book The Glories of Mary mentioned a revelation in which St. John the Evangelist saw both Our Lord and His Blessed Mother after her assumption into heaven. He heard Mary ask Jesus for some special grace to all those who are devoted to her dolors (sorrows). Christ promised the four following special graces:
1) That those who before death invoked the divine Mother in the name of her sorrows should obtain true repentance of all their sins.
2) That He would protect all who have this devotion in their tribulations, and that he would protect them especially at the hour of their death.
3) That He would impress upon their minds the remembrance of His Passion, and that they should have their reward for it in heaven.
4) That he would commit such devout clients to the hands of Mary, with the power to disposed of them in whatever manner she might please, and to obtain for them all the graces she might desire.
For her part, Our Blessed Mother revealed to St. Bridget of Sweden that she grants the following seven graces to the souls who honor her daily by saying seven Hail Marys while meditating on her tears and dolors (sorrows):
1) “I will grant peace to their families.”
2) “They will be enlightened about the divine Mysteries.”
3) “I will console them in their pains and I will accompany them in their work.”
4) “I will give them as much as they ask for as long as it does not oppose the adorable will of my divine Son or the sanctification of their souls.”
5) “I will defend them in their spiritual battles with the infernal enemy and I will protect them at every instant of their lives.”
6) “I will visibly help them at the moment of their death—they will see the face of their mother.”
7) “I have obtained this grace from my divine Son, that those who propagate this devotion to my tears and dolors will be taken directly from this eartly life to eternal happiness, since all their sins will be forgiven and my Son will be their eternal consolation and joy.”
We hope that some of the prayers and reflections we've provided in our section on the Sorrowful Mother can help you with this devotion!
Return from Promises for Devotion to
Prayers to the Sorrowful Mother